Single Touch Payroll (STP) is an initiative by the ATO which, in simple terms, means that any time you process employee-related pay data, the ATO needs to be notified electronically at the time the payment is made.
As of the 1st July 2019, all business that pay employees are required to report to the ATO using Single Touch Payroll. The employee’s salary/wages, pay as you go (PAYG) withholding and superannuation must be reported to the ATO each time you pay them.
This happens when you:
- Apply a pay run where you pay employees
- Make a supplier payment that includes a voluntary withholding amount
- Update an employee’s data that could affect their tax information
System settings determine if you are prompted to send this information on demand via a menu option.
As an employer, you are no longer required to issue annual payment summaries to your staff. STP allows your employees to view their payment information at any time through their personal MyGov account. Employees with any questions can be directed here, where they can read more information.
STP Reports are available. For more information please view SA4422 - STP Dashboard.
Accentis integrates with the following STP providers to send your Single Touch Payroll data to the ATO. Transport Providers will charge you based on the amount of data that is sent through their system. Accentis Enterprise does not charge you to connect to a Transport Provider. If you would prefer to use another provider you are able to, provided the Transport Provider supports a manual file upload process.
Transitioning from another Payroll software to Accentis Enterprise and using STP: Read our guide on the options available to you when Transitioning from another payroll system with STP
- Fields affected by STP
- How does STP work in Accentis Enterprise
- How to setup MessageXchange as the STP Transport Provider
- How to setup Other (FILE) as the Transport Provider
- How to setup Ozedi as the STP Transport Provider
- More information & resources on STP
- SA4422 - STP Dashboard
- Setting up STP
- Single Touch Payroll – Your first Pay Run in Accentis
- Single Touch Payroll (STP)
- Single Touch Payroll FAQs
- STP Finalisation and Lodgment
- STP Phase 2 (STP2)
Last edit 23/12/21