As with every business purchase, you need to weigh up the pros and cons of ERP software to make sure it is both feasible and worthwhile. There’s no point just latching onto the latest business craze, only to be too late to the party and end up with a sub-quality product or a service that is now defunct. ERP software for small to medium businesses is different, but it’s not for everyone. There are some instances where a change in your situation requires a change in business software and processes, and sometimes you just need to re-think your businesses direction altogether. You might think this odd coming from a company who sells ERP software, but we believe in our product being able to help a business grow and succeed, and if we can’t do that then we won’t take your money.
When you start thinking about ERP software for your business, or even just start to realise you might need to make some changes, where do you go? Most people will start out with a Google search (or Bing, we don’t judge) which, depending on how well you can search (there is an art to it), can either help or confuse you more.
Getting confused happens for a number of reasons:
- You are inundated with information about ERP systems and they all look the same, but somehow different at the same time
- You’re introduced to unfamiliar business terms and you’re not sure how they relate to your business
- You can never seem to find the answer to your questions, because when you do, you just have loads more questions
It’s enough to send someone an invitation to the loony bin! If you get confused while looking for an ERP software solution, you’re more then likely to hang up your hat and think you’ll be better off without it. Unfortunately, your business problems are still going to be there, and you will need a solution eventually. Sticking your head in the sand is not the answer. When you first start looking for ERP software, before you even head on over to Google, make a list of all the different software products your business currently uses.
Pros and Cons of ERP Software
Think of things like:
- Accounting, Payroll, Time & Attendance, Stock Control etc, and write down either what software you currently use for it, and any processes you have to do that seem difficult.
- Are you using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and double-handling data between staff, folders and offices?
- Write out features that you specifically need for your business
- List out all of the things that are not currently recorded in any software at all and you have on sticky notes, scribbles, scraps of paper
- And lastly, write a list of features that you think would help, or you want from new software
Once you have done this, you can easily see how an ERP solution like Accentis Enterprise is able to help you move forward and grow, or work out that maybe you’re just not ready for such a big step. Implementing ERP software into your business takes time and you need to consider every aspect. Even though we’re confident in our ability to grow businesses, sometimes a business just isn’t ready for ERP, and that’s fine. The pros and cons of ERP software can be many. But ERP features in Accentis are here when you are ready, and we’re always willing to help and offer advice on what is the best solution for your particular circumstance.
Our business is our passion, and we understand that yours is too. Contact us to find out how we can help take your passion to new heights.